Grace Bible Fellowship Church of Wallingford, PA, began as a church planting project of the Gospel Herald Society in September, 1926. A tent on a lot at Eleventh Street and Edgmont Avenue in Chester was the first meeting place. On November 29, 1926 Grace Church purchased its first building, a bungalow at 721 West Seventh Street in Chester, PA. The mortgage for this property was secured by two members of the congregation who offered their homes as collateral to the bank. Grace Church became self-supporting in 1943; growth of the congregation led to extensive alterations to the Chester property in 1947.
In 1961 Grace Church stepped out on faith, purchasing a large stone house and lot in Wallingford for $35,000. Sale of the Chester building necessitated the Church's moving to the Chester Y.M.C.A. for services. On March 23, 1963 Grace Church held the dedication service at the new Wallingford Church site. The home next to the Church was subsequently purchased as a parsonage for $65,000. In 1981, new space was added to the church building with the addition of classrooms, a gymnasium and offices.